In just couple of days, Leicester City went from heroes to zeros – after trashing Southampton away, they got trashed 0:3 at home, by Crystal Palace. Christian Benteke got goal and assist, and probably got himself on radar of some FPL managers. Mesut Ozil scored for Arsenal’s 1:0 win against Newcastle, while Brighton resisted Burnley at home for a nil-nil draw. At the same time Marcos Alonso scored a winning goal for Chelsea against Southampton.
Huddersfield Town scored 4 at Watford, with Troy Deeney looking for a long period of suspension after receiving a red card, being already suspended earlier in the season. Stoke City were no match for somewhat revived West Ham united.
In the derby match of the gameweek, Man City were ruthless against Tottenham, with Raheem Sterling scoring 2 after missing 2 clear chances. Only concern was brought by Jesus’s missed penalty.
On Sunday, Man Utd had an early lead at West Brom, and managed to save the lead in the last 10 minutes. Liverpool won comfortably after dropped 4 points in the previous 2 Gws.
On Monday evening Everton came from behind and won 3:1 against Swansea City.
Top 3 worst choices in GW18 per positions:
- Foster– 1 pt – 2 goals conceded, 1 save
- Gomes – 1 pt – 4 goals conceded, 3 saves
- Begovic – 1 pt – 4 goals conceded, 3 saves
- Janmaat – -1 pt – 4 goals conceded, 1 yellow card
- Ake – – -1 pt – 4 goals conceded, 1 yellow card
- Rojo – 0 pt – 24 minutes, 1 goal conceded, 1 yellow card
- Hogg – -1 pt – 1 red card
- Ndidi– -1 pt – 1 red card
- Hayden – 0 pt – 1 yellow card (7th in the season)
- Deeney – -2 pts – 32 minutes, 1 red card
- Jesus – -1 pt – 32 minutes, 1 penalty missed
- Murray – 0 pt – 1 penalty missed
When a player has a slow start of the season, even a several good games cannot take him out of the worst team of the season. Because of that Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain is still in the squad, even though he is in the only by a tie-breaker which in this case is player’s value. Because of that, a whole lot of players stayed out of the team: March, Sissoko, Williams & Herrera.
Alongside Ox in midfield are McClean, Gueye, Davies (currently THE WORST player of the season) and Hayden who is in there instead of his team-mate Jonjo Shelvey. And that is the only change in the whole squad!
Defense remains the same: Dunk, Adam Smith and Pieters, while Gomes still between the sticks.
Barnes and Rondon are leading the worst attack of the season so far!
Bad predictions time!
- Arsenal – Liverpool: Arsene Wenger is probably not happy with Arsenal’s schedule. Gunners will have to play League Cup game against West Ham on Tuesday, and they are playing gameweek opener against Liverpool on Friday night. Their home record is recently broken, and Liverpool will try to continue where they left of against Bournemouth on Sunday. Tough game to call, but goals on both sides should be expected.
- Everton – Chelsea: Chelsea need to continue winning. Everton is in a good form, and they look much differently after manager change. However, Chelsea is a clear favorite in this game, and Everton should be happy if they manage to get out with anything from this game.
- Brighton – Watford: Watford won only 1 point in last 5 games, and they’ll be looking to win this game. Brighton is not in a much better series, but they could looked much better if Murray didn’t miss the penalty against Burnley last gameweek.
- Man City – Bournemouth: We are all expecting a serious thrashing of Bournemouth for the second game in the row.
- Southampton – Huddersfield: Huddersfield will be without Kachunga for some time, but having in mind the way Southampton is playing this season I am all for Huddersfield in this match. I honestly think that this game is theirs t lose.
- Stoke – West Brom: This could be really boring game to watch for some time. Let’s hope there will be some goals.
- Swansea – Crystal Palace: Palace are turning things around, while Swansea are slowly getting hammered on the bottom of the table. Honestly, it’s where they deserve to be. Hopefully, Fabianski will go to some nice club soon, as he has so much more quality than the team he plays in.
- West Ham – Newcastle: At the moment, West Ham looks better. I’ll say they are favorites to win this game, but won’t be surprised if Newcastle manage to get something.
- Burnley – Spurs: This could be make-or-break for both teams. Looking at their team-sheets, Spurs are favorites of course. But at the current moment, they are one point behind Burnley, Burnley had some really good games this season, so I’m actually looking forward to watch this game.
- Leicester – Man Utd: Leicester play some good games from time to time, but United is a clear favorite to win this game.
Good luck in GW19 managers!
Founders of anti.football Reverse Fantasy Premier League